Tuesday, February 18, 2014

CSC148 First Assignment and lab

I'm currently on reading week, so freedom for a week. The first assignment due last week and unfortunately I could not finish it. I felt the assignment was a bit confusing and troublesome and the handout to be kind of obscure. For example, there would be methods already defined in the class, but did not show up in the class' docstring. The handout of the assignment was obscure-ish, in my opinion, which I am not going into detail. There was not much help available for the assignment except for the last few days before the due date. But then again, I'm going to be honest and say I procrastinated a bit and should've started the assignment when it was given out; maybe put in an effort to seek help, go to the lecturer's office hours.

Lectures are kind of straight, not really having trouble with the content.  Learning about trees, nodes and recursions. Nothing really confusing yet.

Marks for labs and exercises are coming out pretty slow. I still have not gotten my first lab mark, but I emailed the lecturer and got no reply. But, I guess I got other things to worry about such as the 2 tests coming after the break, one of them being for this class. I hope I do well in it, probably should get a jump on studying it.

1 comment:

  1. I believe no one has gotten any lab marks back mainly because its mostly based on attendance. I understand the frustration with assignment 1 the recursive part of it killed me and my friend. It was a hard assignment considering, it can be hard to make recursive algorithms for an equation and the fact we just sorta learned recursion. But what can you do, nothing. :(

    Wish you luck on your mark for the tests.

    ReplyDelete