Monday, January 20, 2014

Sub Classes and Exceptions, Kind of New Stuff

This week, I am learning about Super Classes(base classes) and Sub classes. A Base Class is a basically the original class, where as the Sub Class of the Base Class is the class with all of the original class' and then some other methods to make it more unique. So far, I think I get the material of making a sub class. So, no worries there.

We are also learning about raising exceptions and making them. At first, when the lecturer talked about raising exceptions and everyone should know it how to raise one, I was confused. But when he asked the class to raise their hands if they ever raised one, only a select few had raised their hands. This made me felt more at ease, I guess. He, then gave an example of the zero division error exception, which I could kind of recall from csc108(a beginner-beginner course to programming, one for students who have little-to-no experience in programming). I'd say that I'm not really confident with this material, especially when the lecturer asked us a question at which exception would the call be caught, or something along those lines. I'll probably go ask a TA at the help center to clear things up.

Other than that, the first exercise of the class was pretty simple. Although, the instructions were kind of confusing at first, I read it through carefully and finished the exercise. Also, the auto-tester for the exercise was helpful too and probably got me full marks for it.

-Tri Tran


1 comment:

  1. Raise your hand if you've ever raised an exception? I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a joke.

    ReplyDelete